Thursday, September 29, 2011

McDonald's Monopoly

Okay, I discovered something (amazing) that will surely throw off my food posts for the next month or so...

McDonald's Monopoly is back!

As much as you may dislike McDonald's, you can't really hate on Monopoly. Well you can, but c'mon - it's just an innocent board game!

Anyways, I am a huge fanatic of McDonald's Monopoly. Even though I've never won a big prize, I am just obsessed with the idea that each year, I will win. So in order to make that happen, I fulfill my annual (or more like 3 years worth) quota of McDonald's trips while the Monopoly promotion runs.

Last year, I won a few medium fries, a breakfast sandwich, and a $5 gift card to Wal-mart. This year? I will win a million dollars!

So this morning I ventured in for a medium iced mocha (too creamy for me - will never order that again), sausage egg mcmuffin (that is one heavy breakfast), and an order of hash browns. And in that one meal, I already managed to get multiple duplicate pieces.

...and obviously I couldn't resist and found myself back again for lunch. My medium soda, filet o' fish (which conveniently fell on the floor back in the office) and large fries got me...a winning piece: medium fries! But I also got more duplicates of the pieces from this morning.

The best thing about this new age of technology that we live in is that each Monopoly piece has a code that can be entered online and used to play this chance card hat toss game. Which I obviously didn't win. And I reached the daily 10 code quota. But tomorrow is another day...and I still have 3 codes to enter online!

No comments:

Post a Comment