Thursday, December 8, 2011

Countdown to Christmas - The Plan!


So I know I had previously stated that I would do a countdown beginning this Saturday, but then I had an awesome idea...

12 day countdown to Christmas, with each day's recipes corresponding to one of the gifts given over the course of the 12 Days of Christmas song!

I haven't yet decided if I will be creating a full meal based around the gifts or just one recipe, but I am stuck on a few of the gifts...
  • 4 Colly (Calling?) birds
  • 7 Swans a swimming
  • 9 Ladies dancing
  • 10 Lords a leaping
  • 12 Drummers drumming
Then I remembered that the 12 days of Christmas had been featured as a challenge on Top Chef, so I did a quick google search...and realized that their recipes had absolutely no relation to these gifts! 

Sigh - this is going to be quite a challenge! But as long as it helps get you in the holiday spirit (or just gets you a good laugh when I fail at some of these dishes...which is inevitable), I am up for the challenge - see you in a few days!

And in the meantime, if anyone has any ideas for recipes for the gifts above, please send them my way - I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment